Serpent and Dove Inspired: Chasseur Candle
A Bookish Shop exclusive candle, inspired by Shelby Mahurin newly released YA novel, Serpent and Dove. This candle is inspired by our favorite Chasserur, Reid, in his scent of Cedar Forest and Warm Birch. Only available through the Bookish Shop, and comes in two sizes, 6 oz and 9 oz! This candle includes soy wax, in our beautiful glass, and a wood wick.
6 and 9 oz candles will be in our black glass containers
- Make sure your wick is trimmed to between 1/8″ – 3/16″ / 3.2Mm – 4.8Mm before lighting. If the wick is too long, the wax will not pull up the wick and the wick will extinguish.
- Wooden wicks do need a little attention and tending to before each burn, similar to cotton wicks. Be sure to gently snap off the ash or burnt wood along the top edge of the wick and then light as usual.
- If when burning the candle for a long period of time you notice the flame height getting too low, it may be necessary to tap off any excess ash or burnt wood along the top of the wick. The flame will then return to its proper optimal height.
- Be very careful not to let any debris from the wick (or anything else!) Fall into the candle.
- Extinguish candle when 1/2” / 12.7Mm of wax is remaining.
- Do not burn candle more than 4 hours at one time.